Arguably enough, 2020 has been a rollercoaster for all of us. With the time in lockdown I really had time to discover more of myself and to grow even more. Here are 20 things that I have learned within this crazy year!
- Make sure to get outside every once in a while
- With the sudden change in routine, make sure you take time to adjust accordingly. It takes time to adjust to a sudden change
- Appreciate the little things in your life that you take for granted
- Apply for that job. You never know what can happen
- Take the time to learn a new skill, obtain a new hobby, or educate yourself about your incoming field. It’s worth it
- It costs absolutely nothing to be a decent human being
- Check in on your loved ones every so often
- 100% remote learning is hard. Remote teaching is hard. However, these really improved my time management and communication skills
- Journaling is good for the soul
- Join that organization. Improve your professional development. Make that LinkedIn profile. Be proud of who you are and don’t be afraid to share your experiences and work ethic
- Take a walk. It’s good for your health and helps clear your mind
- Never be afraid to speak up and defend others, and yourself
- Working in an environment with positive influences really makes the experience so much better
- Incorporating your passions into your future profession and current experience also makes them much better
- You really are where you are supposed to be
- It does not matter how fast or how slow you move. Slow progress is still progress
- Listen to your body
- There are so many creative ways to socially distance yourself when hanging out with friends, get creative and have fun with it!
- It’s never too late or too early to do what you love
- Stop being so critical towards yourself. It diminishes your performance
What did you learn this year?